Sunday, June 22, 2008

Why are you working outside of the HOME?

I know some of you are wondering, why is wahmof6 working outside of her home??? Is that not against scripture, well not according to my husband who at this point and time thinks this is what I should be doing. Hopefully some day soon I can come back home where I am to be. My goal is to pay off the current bills, car payment,credit cards, (which is another big no no, I would never suggest anyone to get even one credit card, they are TROUBLE!!!)hospital bills, and the home business taxes,then save enough up for some land to buy to raise these kids on. That is my goal, then hopefully I will get to stay home with my kids. Who knows, maybe some miracle will happen and I will get to come home before then! Awaiting for that great day when our Lord and Savior returns, Shona

3 comments:

AudreyO said...

I found your blog through your post on themomblogs.com What kind of work? We lost electricity too on Sunday for four hours. The first two we were at 50% power, then the 2nd two hours were completely without power.

Gale said...

You know what...I don't think the Bible says anything against working outside of the home. Have you read Proverbs 31? Proverbs 31:10-31 describes a wife of noble character. Here are a few things it says...

" She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar."

"She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. "


When I read that I read a description of a women who contributes to the family income. And while I don't think you have to bring home a pay-check to be a noble wife (I'm a SAHM now and I know my work at home helps my family), I think a women who works outside the home is doing what's described here: "like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar."

When these verses were written I think there wasn't as much distiction between in-home and out of the home work. Unless you were a soldier or a trader you probably worked where you lived, whether you were a man or a woman. What the Bible does address though is selfish ambition vs. Godly ambition. And if you are working to help provide for your family, that is not selfish ambition and nothing you should be ashamed of or have to explain.

Blessed said...

I am a nurse, thanks for your comments!