Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yard Sales and Black Widow Spiders Part 2

Meanwhile my older son had picked up the sheet and put it on the clothesline. I was going to wash it but did not want to bring it in until I had a chance to look it over real good to make sure there were no spiders. I started to get really tired so I decided to lay down and fell asleep for a few hours. After I woke up I looked at my finger and it was twice the size it should be and now my hand was starting to swell also. I could see the area where the poison was attacking and it was warm to the touch and turning red. I decided to take my husbands advice and put mud on my hand. So I sit with mud on my hand in pain and wished I would have put the mud on it earlier. My hand remained swollen for the rest of the night and I couldn't find the spider in the car I had saw earlier. I woke up the next day and I guess the mud helped. My swelling had went down and the pain was not as intense. I decided to check the sheet out to see if there were any more spiders on it but figured since it had been all night if there were any they would be gone by now. To my surprise I found a little spider, crawling across the sheet. I ran to the house and grabbed a canning jar found a lid and back out to the clothes line I went. I caught the spider and it was what I believe to be a baby black widow. I don't know how many more there were but I told my husband to take that sheet and burn it. But be very careful when doing so. So be sure when you are going out to yard sales to examine your purchases very closely. I wouldn't want any of you to get bit by a surprised hitchhiker.

No comments: